To successfully use Microsoft Office or Excel Add-ins, you must follow two basic steps: installation and activation.
1. Installation of Excel Add-ins
Online add-ins are easily available on the internet; there are different kinds of Excel Add-ins available on the market for Windows and Mac, and the method to install them varies from one type to another. Download any add-in from an authentic website and follow these instructions to install it.
You need to run the Excel or Microsoft Office setup program to install add-ins, which are installed with Excel. Go to the ‘File’ menu and select ‘Options.’
- Select the option ‘Add-ins’ from the left menu
- Select ‘Excel add-in’ from the drop-down menu and click ‘Go.’
- If you have add-ins saved on your computer, click on ‘Browse’ in the ‘Add-ins’ dialogue box.
- Select the add-in you wish to install and click ‘OK’
- After installing Excel add-ins, you’ll need to close your Excel workbook. When you re-open it, you will find the newly installed add-ins in the ‘Add-ins available’ box.
2. Activation of Excel Add-ins:
To activate these add-ins click on the ‘file’ tab, select ‘options’, and then click ‘Add-ins’. Select ‘Excel Add-ins’ from the Manage dropdown list and click ‘Go’.
Check the box for the add-in that you want to activate. If you want to remove an add-in, deselect it and click ‘OK’.